Sunday, July 4, 2010

Umbrellas and sushi and buses, oh my!

Me again, at least until I persuade someone else to write something. Possiblywith maple candy, which is proving to be a hit among the group.

Today in class rehearsal we learnt the following:

A) When the hotel double book your rehearsal room, sometimes you have to suck it up and head for wherever is available. I'm sure Christie appreciated having us right on top of her in the 4x4 lounge on the 10th floor. Definitely hard to hide at any rate.

B) Public transport is not the enemy. Unless a bum takes a shine to a random group of girls and sits right in the middle. Hobotastic!

C) They drive on the opposite side of the road here. (Did I say that one already? Seems important). Look LEFT first.

D) Everything tends to be bigger in Vancouver. Drinks. Sushi boats. The world's most gross-but-tasty-looking chocolate coated apples. Drugstores. Etc etc. I feel a joke about something else is necessary here, but so I don't get blamed for it later I'll just let you insert your own.

----

On the more serious side of things, we had a workshop today with the leader of Elektra Women's Chorus. It's always good to pick up new techniques, and now the altos have no excuse for whinging when they have to sing high notes. Top C, ladies. We all heard it. ;)

Off to Powell River at the a*** crack of dawn for the *real* business end of things. Wish us luck! J x

No comments:

Post a Comment